Do y'all....

For all your future trophy displays..
bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Do y'all....

Post by bobwhite »

Run cameras year round or just certain times of the year? I normally put mine out around the middle to end of September and leave them out until around the first of April. Just curious.
WAR EAGLE!!

sdw
8 Point

Do y'all....

Post by sdw »

I run mine right before and right after season. But I keep 1 or 2 out all the time scouting for coyotes or seeing what other members are up to [emoji3]

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Re: Do y'all....

Post by Tru-Talker »

I'll start mine up around early September......and run em during season.... I'll pull em out after turkey season....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

WGTaxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WGTaxidermist »

I put my first one out today.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk

David Leonard
6 Point

Post by David Leonard »

Ive got 2 out right now...My truck went down after turkey season, and i havent made it back down there to pull em.

Turkey_neck
Has anyone heard my briefcase?

Post by Turkey_neck »

Mine have been out for a few months.
I would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobbling turkey. Ben Rodgers lee

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

I'm going to check mine this weekend. They've been out a couple of weeks.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

I actually put out my first 6 cameras this past weekend.... Won't check em until the 17th of September..... Hopefully we got another full house of studs....

Confucius

bigt
Button

Post by bigt »

In the past I used to run cameras from late July till the antlers dropped. After getting in a lease in Illinois last year I haven't been able to motivate myself to go fight the Bears to get a few deer pics. Since I do not plan on hunting in Alabama until January this year I will probably wait till December to start running my cameras here.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

bigt wrote:In the past I used to run cameras from late July till the antlers dropped. After getting in a lease in Illinois last year I haven't been able to motivate myself to go fight the Bears to get a few deer pics. Since I do not plan on hunting in Alabama until January this year I will probably wait till December to start running my cameras here.
Why do you wait so late? Just because of the bears? Or just tryin to get on a later pattern by the deer? I just find it interesting you wait that late.....

Confucius

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

Tru-Talker wrote:
bigt wrote:In the past I used to run cameras from late July till the antlers dropped. After getting in a lease in Illinois last year I haven't been able to motivate myself to go fight the Bears to get a few deer pics. Since I do not plan on hunting in Alabama until January this year I will probably wait till December to start running my cameras here.
Why do you wait so late? Just because of the bears? Or just tryin to get on a later pattern by the deer? I just find it interesting you wait that late.....
I find it interesting you already had cameras out in Pickens county. I only found 3 of them. But nice deer on the ones I found. [emoji1]

bigt
Button

Post by bigt »

Tru-Talker wrote:
The Bears have gotten so thick that it is just easier to pattern deer once the temperatures drop and the Bears become less mobile. And yes I am concentrating on late season deer patterns because with the Bears moving so much early season they take over any and all food sources wether it is a food plot or a producing acorn tree. We haven't killed but one buck in the last three years before January. Bears have changed the way I hunt in Alabama totally. I used to love early season bow hunts until I was consistently watching Bears feeding on acorns instead of deer ......

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

I need a new rug

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

bigt wrote:
Tru-Talker wrote:
The Bears have gotten so thick that it is just easier to pattern deer once the temperatures drop and the Bears become less mobile. And yes I am concentrating on late season deer patterns because with the Bears moving so much early season they take over any and all food sources wether it is a food plot or a producing acorn tree. We haven't killed but one buck in the last three years before January. Bears have changed the way I hunt in Alabama totally. I used to love early season bow hunts until I was consistently watching Bears feeding on acorns instead of deer ......
I had no clue the bears were that thick down there..... I've watched you post bear pics for years but didn't realize they were that bad there..... You think that might be why your deer numbers have dropped? Due to the bear population? Or has that even been looked at?

Confucius

bigt
Button

Post by bigt »

sdw wrote:I need a new rug
If they ever have a bear hunt in this State we will get you one ;)

bigt
Button

Post by bigt »

Tru-Talker wrote:
bigt wrote:
Tru-Talker wrote:
I had no clue the bears were that thick down there..... I've watched you post bear pics for years but didn't realize they were that bad there..... You think that might be why your deer numbers have dropped? Due to the bear population? Or has that even been looked at?
If you look at fawn mortality studies done in states with a hunt able bear population you will see that Bears are actually the number one predator on newborn fawns even outdoing coyotes. I do not think it is a total coincidence that as our bear population has exploded combined with an increased coyote presence that our deer population has fell off dramatically. Our fawn mortality rate is extremely high. We see very few fawns during our season after the first few weeks of the initial fawn drop.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

bigt wrote:
Tru-Talker wrote:
bigt wrote:
Tru-Talker wrote:
If you look at fawn mortality studies done in states with a hunt able bear population you will see that Bears are actually the number one predator on newborn fawns even outdoing coyotes. I do not think it is a total coincidence that as our bear population has exploded combined with an increased coyote presence that our deer population has fell off dramatically. Our fawn mortality rate is extremely high. We see very few fawns during our season after the first few weeks of the initial fawn drop.
I guess my question would be this.... Why don't the biologist see enuff here to allow bear hunts in the areas needed... But in a way... I think I already know the answer.....

Confucius

bigt
Button

Post by bigt »

They do bear studies on a regular basis on and around my club. The problem is that we are at the epicenter of the Alabama black bear home ground, but as they are starting to get crowded and start expanding their territory I am hopeful that at least a draw tag system like the alligator season will come sooner than later......if the tree huggers don't stop it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk