Two year old stud

For all your future trophy displays..
280Ackley
Button

Two year old stud

Post by 280Ackley »

I'm licking my chops to see this one in three years. As long as a car doesn't hit him he should make it to maturity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Travis
Site Admin

Re: Two year old stud

Post by Travis »

Hell yeah. Two years and he's a toad.
Roll Tide

Fullthrottle
Button

Post by Fullthrottle »

Yeah buddy. He is nice now. Definitely be a brute one day

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

Good looking deer....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

BSK
Button

Post by BSK »

If big antlers are your goal, definitely take care of any 2-year-old bucks that are well above average. Working inside high-fences, where individual bucks can be followed over their lifetimes, has taught me that the vast majority of true trophy mature bucks were top-end all their lives. In essence, they were well above average at 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 and usually as yearlings as well. Now I'm sure most anyone that runs a lot of cameras over time on the same property can show examples of a buck that explodes in antler growth late in life, myself included. But those bucks are more the exception than the rule. The majority of top-end mature bucks were top-end all their lives. If you want top-end mature bucks, be sure to protect the young bucks that are outperforming the other bucks of their age-class.

bayou69
Button
Location: Newnan Georgia / Wedowee Alabama / Pleasant Hill Alabama

Post by bayou69 »

Hope he makes it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"This place is so rough it has a sign over the urinal that says Don't eat the big white mint"- Sam Elliot

Hogwild
Button

Post by Hogwild »

BSK wrote:If big antlers are your goal, definitely take care of any 2-year-old bucks that are well above average. Working inside high-fences, where individual bucks can be followed over their lifetimes, has taught me that the vast majority of true trophy mature bucks were top-end all their lives. In essence, they were well above average at 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 and usually as yearlings as well. Now I'm sure most anyone that runs a lot of cameras over time on the same property can show examples of a buck that explodes in antler growth late in life, myself included. But those bucks are more the exception than the rule. The majority of top-end mature bucks were top-end all their lives. If you want top-end mature bucks, be sure to protect the young bucks that are outperforming the other bucks of their age-class.
EXACTLY!!!

I have seen hundreds of pics posted of deer that people have passed and read them state that he is gonna be a Stud in a year or two. But, the deer is already a 3yr old and only has 90-100 inches of antler. They do not all grow to be giants no matter how old they get!

Slingshot
Button

Post by Slingshot »

Hope he stays around.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk