We ever gonna get some ducks?

If it flies, it dies..
Wallace
Button

We ever gonna get some ducks?

Post by Wallace »

As bad as last year was, I honestly didn't think this year could be worse as far as numbers go. We've managed to kill a few each time out, but it is becoming a pain in the ass to find birds that are huntable.

Tfd1224
Spike

Re: We ever gonna get some ducks?

Post by Tfd1224 »

All the birds in my spots left a week and a half ago. I was killing them pretty good right at Christmas and for the last week I ain't been able to find anything other than a few woodies. Today after the normal mile high flight right at shooting time I saw 7 mallards all wearing oxygen masks and saw about 6 bluebills while I was picking up decoys at about 10. I took 5 days off work and I have got so bored and discouraged that I didn't even hunt yesterday. I have killed 1 greenwing in 4 hunts and only had 1 other gadwall in the decoys. I think they are starting to trickle down though. I saw a few in one of my private holes on the way home and saw a few others in some roadside ponds. I put in about 20 miles scouting this week too and saw a grand total of about 10 ducks, I would normally see hundreds covering that much water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk