Local ducks

If it flies, it dies..
daniel white
Boss

Local ducks

Post by daniel white »

I have been watching mallards, woodies, geese and some mergansers for a few weeks. I finnaly get some time off to hunt them and now they gone. Y'all still got some resident ducks hanging around? These are on farm ponds, and I'm the only one that is hunting. So pressure isn't a issues for me.

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Re: Local ducks

Post by bobwhite »

We still have some local birds around but they're so scattered due to the flooding we had during Christmas that they're hard to hunt. Guess what I'm saying is that they are still here just not congregated in any great numbers like they normally would be this time of year. We've had woodies roosting in places that are usually dry and never hold ducks, now that these holes have some water in them the ducks are using them. Makes them kinda hard to figure out.
WAR EAGLE!!

G5hunter731
Button

Post by G5hunter731 »

Got 3 woodies today, and missed a wigeon along with a ton of other woodies in the process, the only thing I'm not noticing is there is almost zero big ducks around our place right now. But I agree that they are probably just so scattered around right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Yeah we have killed no big ducks yet. Woodies and Ringnecks mostly what we getting here.
WAR EAGLE!!

Tfd1224
Spike

Post by Tfd1224 »

I figured this front would push the few big ducks that came down after the last cold front out, that's why I didn't even go today. Daniel, they may come back in a few days or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk