How the heck are you supposed...

If it flies, it dies..
BCLC
6 Point

How the heck are you supposed...

Post by BCLC »

...to tell difference in teal, wood duck, mallard, etc when they're flying ninety-eleven miles per hour? Since I ended up with a duck gun from Stivo I figured I might as well bust hell outta some ducks this year. They're real easy to tell apart sitting on the water [emoji23] Teal season comes in first and seems like a great way to get bit in ass by pissed off copperbackrattlemoccasin in warm weather. Educate me Bamahuntin

>>>----------------------------->>
><> Galatians 2:20 <><

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Re: How the heck are you supposed...

Post by bobwhite »

Here you go....crash course!! During Teal season never shoot singles...doubles.....or pretty much any group of ducks with less than about 6 birds...Teal "usually " fly in large flocks of 20 or more birds all slightly larger than a dove , you will hear these flocks before you see them....they make a very distinct SWWOOOSHH when they are near. Wood Ducks will be in pairs or smaller flocks and are more like the size of a pigeon...their wings make a whistling noise when they fly over. Take your thermacell and watch for snakes. Best thing to do is wait for the day after thanksgiving when regular duck season comes in and you want have to worry AS MUCH about species. You will love it! :mrgreen:
WAR EAGLE!!

BCLC
6 Point

Post by BCLC »

bobwhite wrote:Here you go....crash course!! During Teal season never shoot singles...doubles.....or pretty much any group of ducks with less than about 6 birds...Teal "usually " fly in large flocks of 20 or more birds all slightly larger than a dove , you will hear these flocks before you see them....they make a very distinct SWWOOOSHH when they are near. Wood Ducks will be in pairs or smaller flocks and are more like the size of a pigeon...their wings make a whistling noise when they fly over. Take your thermacell and watch for snakes. Best thing to do is wait for the day after thanksgiving when regular duck season comes in and you want have to worry AS MUCH about species. You will love it! :mrgreen:
Great info bud, thank you! I've been on a couple wood duck hunts in SC, but we didn't have to worry abt multiple species in those locations. I figure between TK & Mike and Bamahuntin

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Me and a buddy have been chasing waterfowl on public water down here for about 20 years....its a never ending learning process....but it's a lot of fun and aggrevation all at the same time as well. We hunt every weekend starting the day after Thanksgiving and occasionally an afternoon hunt. I'll take ducks over deer anytime.
WAR EAGLE!!

BCLC
6 Point

Post by BCLC »

Sounds like you got a lil bit of duck in yo blood bobwhite

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober