Getting ready

Ask any and all serious deer questions here
daniel white
Boss

Getting ready

Post by daniel white »

Worked at the club this past weekend and this cool front got me getting ready for hunting season.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Re: Getting ready

Post by Tru-Talker »

Damn sure does...bout time this cooler weather got here as well...
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Hayman
6 Point

Post by Hayman »

I’m running behind. All I have done is spray fields so far. I did manage to clean up around a food plot at the house. I bought a few bags of seed to plant if it rained last weekend but we didn’t get any rain so I don’t know when I will actually be able to plant. Gonna try and finish with the entire last cutting of hay weather permitting by October first and then I’ll worry about planting. I have been lucky enough to put together a decent little Hitlist of deer.

Phil_Army
Button

Post by Phil_Army »

All we've done is bush hog and get some feeders going. I'm not sure if we'll get a good rain this month to go plant. We may just run the feeders and let the fields sit if we don't have some good rains pop up in the forecast

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

Phil_Army wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:10 pm
All we've done is bush hog and get some feeders going. I'm not sure if we'll get a good rain this month to go plant. We may just run the feeders and let the fields sit if we don't have some good rains pop up in the forecast
It’s your place so do what your want. But plant your plots when you want to, and wait on the rain, then seeds will be fine till it rains. Just my thoughts.

Jb20
6 Point

Post by Jb20 »

I planted few weeks ago there coming up from dang dew at night..