Your Current and Best Hunting Rig Setup??

Ask any and all serious deer questions here
Phil_Army
Button

Your Current and Best Hunting Rig Setup??

Post by Phil_Army »

I know there are a lot of different options for getting to the woods and then getting in and out of the woods when you get there. Curious to see what you guys are currently running and what your favorite setup has been?

Current rig: 2019 F150 Supercrew 4x4 with a Yamaha Kodiak 700 loaded in the bed. Getting 21mpg in the truck and then that atv can go pick up a deer or haul corn to a feeder super easy. With ATV ramps, I can load it or unload it in a matter of minutes.

Favorite rig: 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ with a basket rack on the back of it. It would go anywhere an ATV would go

Worst rig: Truck with a 16' trailer and Polaris Ranger loaded on it. It was a pain loading and unloading that trailer every time I wanted to go.

Walktheline
6 Point

Re: Your Current and Best Hunting Rig Setup??

Post by Walktheline »

I got a tool box in my f150 and a Polaris 450 ho utility model won’t fit in the back of it.

Your truck must be a long wheel base.

I friggin hate loading and unloading a four wheeler to hunt. An ATV is nice to get deer out and put out feed.

Best hunting truck I ever had was a 2004 4wd Ford Explorer. Thing would go anywhere and never got stuck. Need to get it running again. Been sitting since May and just stopped cranking.

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

Hands down this suburban. I can get this thing anywhere I can get a truck. It has an ass load of room in the back, heated seats, and a dang good 4wd. I’ve had alotnof em over the years, but this joker is my favorite above all of em.

Jb20
6 Point

Post by Jb20 »

Favorite is my 4door Tacoma off rd with differential lock...
Worst was 2500 4 door

Outback
8 Point

Post by Outback »

Shootnmiss
Sir Spud

Post by Shootnmiss »

One of my Kubota tractors hands down. My truck is in the driveway, so getting there ain't a problem, it's getting the deer out. Just drive the tractor to it👍
:D Sometimes when I'm home alone I beat it like it owes me money :D