Doe days??

Ask any and all serious deer questions here
daniel white
Boss

Doe days??

Post by daniel white »

Why in the hell does people think just because you can kill a doe, that what you need to do. I let a guy know my opinion about this last week. He was talking about how he killed 5 does so far and was having a hard time to find someone to give them to. We are already very low population of does around my place and this don’t help. I really really hope they shit down a lot of these Doe days in the future. I also believe that’s why people don’t see many bucks anymore on plots. They killing there does off plots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdw
8 Point

Re: Doe days??

Post by sdw »

I would bet a doe restriction wouldn’t stop some from killing them anyways. If the state has to tell them what deer to shoot, they’re probably not managing their deer anyways. I don’t mind killing does. We’re heavy on them in Greene County. Probably need to shoot one or two more out there. But I’m not going to shoot more than we can eat or shoot just because I can.

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

It would suit me fine if we would go back to two weeks of doe days around Christmas like it was for so many years.
WAR EAGLE!!

BCLC
6 Point

Post by BCLC »

I wouldn't mind some sort of restriction on doe harvest. Whether it be doe days or a certain number of doe tags. I think tags would work better because then hunters could use them as needed. Not everyone is able to hunt during the specific date periods like the old school doe days were setup.

>>>----------------------------->>
><> Galatians 2:20 <><

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

BCLC wrote:I think tags would work better because then hunters could use them as needed. Not everyone is able to hunt during the specific date periods like the old school doe days were setup.

>>>----------------------------->>
><> Galatians 2:20 <><
I agree with this 100%

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

We have a no does off the greenfields rule..... We see a ton of deer on fields including bucks....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius