age? for the experts.

Ask any and all serious deer questions here
Slayinbucks24/7
Button

age? for the experts.

Post by Slayinbucks24/7 »

Found this buck that I have a confirmed 3 years worth of pics. My dads buddy shot at what he told us was a good buck opening weekend; we looked for hours without finding blood. we did find white hair and a very little piece of meat and came to the conclusion that he just missed and possible just grazed him, but not fatally. well, fast forward to this past week, another friend of mine spotted his rack on the ground about 100 yards from his stand and about 200 yards from where we quit looking. I had an encounter with this buck the last day of ML season with a bow in my hand, and deer busted me and took off, and remained absent from all my trailcams the whole year; now I know why. he was a ghost. don't have the bottom jawbone, this was all that the hunter found. at least his rack will remain with us at camp, and it puts some closure to him. I also passed this deer at the end of last season due to a busted up rack. I was sick when the other hunter pulled the rack out of his jeep and showed me what he found. I had many sleepless nights thinking about this deer. The rest of the deer was gone, so he couldn't get the bottom jaw, but can some of the experts on here give an age estimate off these pics? i'll post the 3 years worth of trailcam pics after I get some guesses. thanks guys

Dkhargroves
6 Point

Re: age? for the experts.

Post by Dkhargroves »

Tough luck, nice deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Leonard
6 Point

Post by David Leonard »

Man I hate that! Need some pics of the bottom of the teeth to see the dentyne wear.

Slayinbucks24/7
Button

Ya,that's what I figured. Unfortunately, this skull was all that was there
Do have these pic of him from the past 3 yearsImage

David Leonard
6 Point

Post by David Leonard »

If the rack is stii there, ill take some pics of the teeth in the skull the next time i go.
He looks to be a grown one!

Slayinbucks24/7
Button

David Leonard wrote:If the rack is stii there, ill take some pics of the teeth in the skull the next time i go.
He looks to be a grown one!
Think robert took it home to clean it a little bit more and put it on a plaque. My dad's buddy shot at it opening weekend of gun over near the hooks place in the bottom at the end of the hill there and robert found the rack sat morn

David Leonard
6 Point

Post by David Leonard »

10-4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk