My Better Half

Ask any and all serious deer questions here
Hogwild
Button

My Better Half

Post by Hogwild »

She has stuck with me for 16yrs of my extreme hunting habit. It is pretty much a given that if I am not working, I am hunting something, year round!
She has had a great time this Deer Season. We have been primarily hunting on her Mother and Step-Dad's property and spending a good bit of time with her family. And, we have been seeing a LOT of deer this year. Since I am done for the year, she has decided that she wants to kill one. We have been several times lately, and she has been by herself some, too. She had her friend, Jane come hunt with her Sat afternoon and Sun morning. They saw a bunch, had a lot of fun and got to help my FNL find and retrieve a nice buck he killed yesterday morning.

Well, I got off at 4:00 yesterday and hauled tail to meet her at the camp house in The Bottom. She had all our things ready. So, jumped on the Ranger and took off up an out-of-the-way road that goes up a huge hill and follows a ridge top to a large food plot on top of a big hill above the creek swamp. There have been several good bucks coming in. And, with the flooding from the recent rains, I hoped one of them would come visiting the Hill. Well, it was one of those special afternoons that things just go right. The first, and only, deer to show up was a nice 8pt. There was no question in her mind when she looked through the binos at him that she was gonna shoot! LOL it was a long shot......about 250 yds to where he was standing. I could tell that she was nervous, and I kept trying to calm her down. She swapped seats with me TWICE in a matter of seconds trying to get on him.....and he was constantly on the move, cruising the big field. She finally shot...and he jumped and ran slowly to the back of the field. I thought he was hit by his actions, but told her to shoot him again. She said she was too nervous! But, I quickly convinced her to shoot again.....this time all over 300yds! At the crack of the shot, her cut a backwards flip and was DRT!
She was so excited that she jumped up, said, "I have GOT to pee!" and shot out the back door and down the steps like lightning! LMAO
We had a blast!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Leonard
6 Point

Re: My Better Half

Post by David Leonard »

Congrats!

Hogwild
Button

Post by Hogwild »

Interesting note on FNL's deer.....
He is one that I had shot earlier in the year. I knew that I had hit him. And, we spent several hours that evening and 1/2 day the next day looking for him. He has not been seen, or shown up on camera since then.
But, yesterday, he came through chasing 3 does and Ol Doll Baby shot straighter than me and he was out of luck! HaHa!
My shot was about 225yds out of a ground blind, no real rest for rifle.....Oh, so close! That nasty hole in upper shoulder is where I hit.

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Congrats on a fine deer.
WAR EAGLE!!

Mudslinger
Button

Post by Mudslinger »

Congrats brother. Nice deer and good times with family

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

Awesome ....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Slayinbucks24/7
Button

Post by Slayinbucks24/7 »

:smile: Congrats. Ya'll had a great season!

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

Hell yea, Rhonda knockin em dead

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

Great deer and great season. Congrats

Tambo252