Mock scrapes

Ask any and all serious deer questions here
Charles
Button

Mock scrapes

Post by Charles »

Hunted my whole life never used mock scrapes. What do yall think?

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Re: Mock scrapes

Post by Tru-Talker »

I have thad them work before....I add Tinks 69 and put a camera on it and the activity was crazy....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Outback
8 Point

Post by Outback »

If you have to make a scrape you ain't spending enough time in the woods. There's real scrapes out there. Get off yer ass, invest some boot leather, and find them.
Kamala Cameltoe....unburdened by what has been. Mmmkaay?
Traitor Joe Biden....this the untiedskatescomerca! You know, the thing. Let me choose the words, come on man. It's Trump's fault.

Walktheline
6 Point

Post by Walktheline »

Not in Alabama, but I know a guy in a neighboring state that killed a massive deer this year using one. He started it about 2 weeks before the rut.

He actually has other bucks still coming to it.

Used a brand of doe urine called black widow.

David Leonard
6 Point

Post by David Leonard »

Anytime I have to pee in the woods I make a mock scrape! You would be surprised how many times a buck will start working it!

Jb20
6 Point

Post by Jb20 »

I've got an older friend that swears by em...he's got more on the wall then I'll probably ever have

Eddie Maxwell
8 Point

Post by Eddie Maxwell »

Jb20 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:32 pm
I've got an older friend that swears by em...he's got more on the wall then I'll probably ever have
So, What do you think about Outback's post?

Which one do you believe? Your friend or him?

Are you paying attention Charles? Some folks run their mouth for attention around here.

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

I think they can and do work at times. I haven’t made one in years per day, but I used to make them and seen some smaller younger bucks actually use them. Never seen many mature bucks use them. Which on the flip side of it, any mature buck I’ve ever seen got shot soon as I had a shot to take. But who’s to say they wasn’t coming into the area because of the mock scrape? Outback that’s who!! 🤣🤣🤣

On a serious note though, make one sometime and hang a camera on it. Be neat just to see what kind of activity it does get. Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining by the way.