Deer meat question

All your cooking and food needs, go here..
Rutabaga
4 Point

Deer meat question

Post by Rutabaga »

We put four processed deer in the freezer this past hunting season. For the past several years we have put three in the freezer. We have the meat in three different freezers at the house and today I took an inventory. Looks like we are on schedule to run out sometime in November. Perfect timing so far.
Three in the freezer would probably do us, but had that opportunity to take another and decided to make hay while the sun shined.
How many do you try to put in the freezer each year?
The first and as far as I know the only member to be banned from this site.

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Re: Deer meat question

Post by bobwhite »

This past year I put up 4 deer, 3 bucks and a doe. We eat a lot of deer meat...ground,cubed,patty sausage, steaks, we give some to my mom and step dad...and a few other folks. That being said, 4 deer is perfect for us. One year when my son and step son were about 8 or 9 we processed 13 deer at my house. Never will I do that again. :roll: But they were young and learning so I let them do a lot of shooting. That year ever body ate deer meat.
WAR EAGLE!!

Hayman
6 Point

Post by Hayman »

We need 4-6 per year but we eat alot more wild game than most people. Always make sure you have more than needed because you can always pass on one the next year if you don't need the meat.

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

I've just been putting up 1 a year. That's all my daughter has been shooting. She needs to step it up [emoji3]

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

I usually put one in the freezer....And give 3-4 away to friends/family/co-workers.... I have alot of people ask me for deer meat...
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Rocket
Site Admin

Post by Rocket »

I've put up 3 deer per season for 3 years in a row. I am basically the only one in the house that eats venison and I usually eat it for lunch 2 or 3 times a week. I usually run out before the next season, 4 would be plenty for just me.
When I die I don't wanna go quietly in the night ...
I wanna slide in sideways kickin and screamin!
Life is good, soak it up while you can