• Advertisement
BannerFans.com

Our governor committed perjury

Anything you want to talk about.

Our governor committed perjury

Postby Eddie Maxwell » Wed May 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Governors are required by our state Constitution to take the following oath of office:

"I, …, solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of Alabama, so long as I continue a citizen thereof; and that I will faithfully and honestly discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter, to the best of my ability. So help me God."

Our governor is a member of the Advisory Board of Conservation as defined by Section 9-2-14 of the Code of Alabama 1975. The duties of the board are defined in Section 9-2-15.

Governor Ivey has not bothered to even show up for a meeting of the board since she's held the office of governor. She has failed to perform her duties to the best of her ability as she swore to in her official oath during two different inauguration ceremonies. Perjury in the first degree is a class C felony. Nobody even seemed to notice.

She did take time just 2 days later to sign SB66 into law requiring you to pay a bribe to commit the crime of hunting with the aid of bait in order to not be arrested. Hunting with the aid of bait is a class C misdemeanor unless you pay the bribe. Follow the governor's example and don't pay the bribe and violate that law and see if you are treated with equal justice as the governor.

So much for the "equal justice for all" phrase in our Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag and the "equal protection of the laws" phrase in our Constitutions.
Eddie Maxwell
Spike

Return to General Forum