Bout to fire up

Gobble.. Gobble..
daniel white
Boss

Bout to fire up

Post by daniel white »

Birds will be start busting off next week I imagine. Ole boys on the farm better watch out! The farms calendar don’t match Chucks calendar. 🤣

Hevishot 13
Spike

Re: Bout to fire up

Post by Hevishot 13 »

🤫
I like killing Turkeys

Walktheline
6 Point

Post by Walktheline »

It’s going to be in the mid 80s next week. I keep seeing a bunch of people on Facebook that farm and guide hunts saying they are guaranteeing an early hot spring.

We a quail biologist tell us on our old land that over half of all the hen turkeys they checked when they were doing Turkey studies were bred before April 1st and if I remember right close to half of those were bred before March 15th.

Outback
8 Point

Post by Outback »

daniel white wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:19 pm
Birds will be start busting off next week I imagine. Ole boys on the farm better watch out! The farms calendar don’t match Chucks calendar. 🤣
Mine neither. The turkeys let me know when it's turkey season.
Kamala Cameltoe....unburdened by what has been. Mmmkaay?
Traitor Joe Biden....this the untiedskatescomerca! You know, the thing. Let me choose the words, come on man. It's Trump's fault.

Phil_Army
Button

Post by Phil_Army »

Took my oldest boy after church Sunday. There was one gobbler, 2 jakes and 12 hens in the big field on our property. Sat and watched them for 2 hours hoping theyd walk the road towards us. The boys started walking away but when I hit a slate call he started strutting and gobbling. They left the 12 hens in the field to come towards us. My poor little buddy missed at 10 yards but it was still a fun hunt. I can't wait to be out there Saturday morning

Outback
8 Point

Post by Outback »

With a turkey choke it's very easy to miss at 10 yards. We've all done it, but it's a sick feeling. I like them at 25 to 50 yards, and I've missed a few of them under 25 yards. With my TSS loads I can stretch it out a little more. I hate it when they slip in close to me.
Traitor Joe Biden....this the untiedskatescomerca! You know, the thing. Let me choose the words, come on man. It's Trump's fault.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

Outback wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:03 am
With a turkey choke it's very easy to miss at 10 yards. We've all done it, but it's a sick feeling. I like them at 25 to 50 yards, and I've missed a few of them under 25 yards. With my TSS loads I can stretch it out a little more. I hate it when they slip in close to me.
Yep...I agree...I prefer for them to be at 30 yards or so....but can kill em out to 70....and have...TSS has definitely been a game changer....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Deadeye48
6 Point

Post by Deadeye48 »

I understand killing a bird beyond 40 yds occasionally but if youre doing it consistently it speaks bad of your calling skills

Outback
8 Point

Post by Outback »

If you're really good you can kill em with a spear.