How many.....

Gobble.. Gobble..
Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

How many.....

Post by Tru-Talker »

Of y'all bushhog your fields in the late season once they get too tall to hunt? I've been places where they do....and where they don't.... I can see both sides of it.... Don't....cuz you might destroy a nest...... Do.....cuz the birds will chase the bugs and come back to feed on the seeds once they've hit the ground.... What's your feelings on this.... Yea or Nay and why?
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

sdw
8 Point

Re: How many.....

Post by sdw »

All our fields are relatively small. I'll spend some time walking them first. If there are no signs of hurting anything then bush hog the hell out of it. Not likely to have that problem this year. Fields are still really low. Replanted one last week that was tore up from logging. I hope it does ok with all this rain we've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

My answer is based on I don't run the club and certain people do like to bush hog. If you have roads going to the field and aren't as grown up, you can always cut them for bugs to chase. That is a compromise I can sometimes get others to agree on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

We keep the roads cut and let the plots grow.
WAR EAGLE!!

David Leonard
6 Point

Post by David Leonard »

I like to disc some of my plots and parts of some trails or lanes, where I know turkeys like to frequent. They like to have fresh dirt to scratch in...Plus i can see there tracks better! LOL

JNall
4 Point

Post by JNall »

Tru-Talker wrote:Of y'all bushhog your fields in the late season once they get too tall to hunt? I've been places where they do....and where they don't.... I can see both sides of it.... Don't....cuz you might destroy a nest...... Do.....cuz the birds will chase the bugs and come back to feed on the seeds once they've hit the ground.... What's your feelings on this.... Yea or Nay and why?
Do the gas line now!
I got banned!

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

JNall wrote:
Tru-Talker wrote:Of y'all bushhog your fields in the late season once they get too tall to hunt? I've been places where they do....and where they don't.... I can see both sides of it.... Don't....cuz you might destroy a nest...... Do.....cuz the birds will chase the bugs and come back to feed on the seeds once they've hit the ground.... What's your feelings on this.... Yea or Nay and why?
Do the gas line now!
Chiiit.... We ain't gotta a field over an inch tall....we won't have to touch em.....we have built-in bushhogs......
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Mudslinger
Button

Post by Mudslinger »

I don't cut my fields till August , then I spray the bigger ones in sept, I keep lanes cut in the big fields so they can bug

RustyShackleford
Button

Post by RustyShackleford »

Tru-Talker wrote:
JNall wrote:
Do the gas line now!
Chiiit.... We ain't gotta a field over an inch tall....we won't have to touch em.....we have built-in bushhogs......

I got the same issue as you. Mine are closer to putting greens than needing a bush hog