Let me tell you about my turkey season so far.

Gobble.. Gobble..
Tfd1224
Spike

Let me tell you about my turkey season so far.

Post by Tfd1224 »

What a wonderful turkey season it has been so far. Yesterday I got off work at 6 am and came to the house to do a little opening morning turkey hunting. There is 160 acres I have permission to hunt on. 100 acres is an old cutover where I have never seen or heard a gobbler and 60 acres is a cattle farm that has a few birds. I get home and cut across the 100 acres and get to the cattle farm and I can hear one gobbling over there so I start slipping, as soon as I get to the first field I spy a shitty looking decoy and hear a guy sitting in the bushes clucking constantly. (It ain't even time for the turkeys to fly down yet) I turn around and go back to the 100 acres and hear another bird gobbling on the other side of the property line so I set up on him for shits and giggles but he and I both know he ain't coming to the god forsaken 100 acres. I go back to the house disgusted. I wait till 10 and sneak back up to the cattle farm figuring dickbird is gone. Nope, I walk up on him in the woods and go talk to him and the mother fugger is from Kentucky. Somehow a friend of his goes to church with the property owner and he got permission and he says that's the only place down here he has to hunt so he's gonna be here all week fucking up every bird on the only mediocre piece of private ground I can hunt. Fast forward to this morning, I'm headed to my favorite spot on the Talladega national forest which is 45 minutes from the house and I will have enough time to make my 30 minute walk to my listening spot and still get there before gobble time. Nope not gonna happen. Some asshole put up a gate across the road that goes into the national forest so I have to go around the back way to get in there. Problem is that's a 30 minute trip from where I was. From the gate I was at its about 3 minutes. Finally got back there and didn't hear a fucking thing. Fuck turkeys, I may just fish all spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayman
6 Point

Re: Let me tell you about my turkey season so far.

Post by Hayman »

Lmao! That sounds like a club I am getting out of this year which is the only place I have to hunt close to where I work. I would wait the new hunter out, he will have the birds call shy and they will most likely start going the other direction when called to. You can use this to your advantage just don't call and hunt in the afternoon when the other guy leaves. Maybe you can catch them out in the fields and close the deal.

Tfd1224
Spike

Post by Tfd1224 »

Hell, he was there yesterday afternoon. Trust me, a gobbler won't come within 200 yards of the property line for the rest of the season after he spends 5 days on 60 acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Got one gobbling his head off at everything I throw at him, it's a quarter to five and he's been at it since about 3:30. Only problem is, he's somewhere I can't be.
He don't need to get too close to this fence. :D

Hens got between me and him and he ain't saying nothing now. I'll leave him alone for a while and if my neighbors don't get him I'll mess with him when his hens go to nesting.
WAR EAGLE!!

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

The birds will be back once the jackass leaves.... You'll just have to be patient with em.....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius