Getting Ready

Gobble.. Gobble..
David Leonard
6 Point

Getting Ready

Post by David Leonard »

I stayed at camp last night and got a lot of things done that needed to get done.
I haven't seen a turkey all year, so gonna try to draw em in. It worked last year. I had a couple of gobblers and a few hens on the lease last year.
I plowed a couple of plots and broadcast some wheat and set my blind up. Put cameras out too. ImageImage
So we'll see!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

David Leonard
6 Point

Re: Getting Ready

Post by David Leonard »

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

I finally had some turkeys last year. Pulled them in with some rye grass. Never could get one to cooperate but I'm gonna try again this year. I trapped coons all year and have had some on camera regularly. Even had poults on camera for the first time.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

I hope I get in a weekend or two this year.... The past two years I haven't gotten to go but a couple of times.... Youngest is in competitive soccer and the older is playing for the school lacrosse team and it's killed my turkey season the past couple of years.... It has me and the wife going separate ways nearly every weekend..... And the way the schedule is looking this year.....it ain't looking too much better.....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

sdw
8 Point

Getting Ready

Post by sdw »

Tru-Talker wrote:I hope I get in a weekend or two this year.... The past two years I haven't gotten to go but a couple of times.... Youngest is in competitive soccer and the older is playing for the school lacrosse team and it's killed my turkey season the past couple of years.... It has me and the wife going separate ways nearly every weekend..... And the way the schedule is looking this year.....it ain't looking too much better.....
You didn't miss nothing last year. JNall gave me directions to your lease. I didn't see a single bird Poke

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

sdw wrote:
Tru-Talker wrote:I hope I get in a weekend or two this year.... The past two years I haven't gotten to go but a couple of times.... Youngest is in competitive soccer and the older is playing for the school lacrosse team and it's killed my turkey season the past couple of years.... It has me and the wife going separate ways nearly every weekend..... And the way the schedule is looking this year.....it ain't looking too much better.....
You didn't miss nothing last year. JNall gave me directions to your lease. I didn't see a single bird Poke
Probably cuz the other guy there kilt em all.... O...K
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

PEA_RIDGE
THE PROPHET

Post by PEA_RIDGE »

GOING TO GET MY CAMERAS OUT THIS WEEKEND AND NEXT WEEK
Triple Toe Assassins, Where Pellets Meet Peckers

"A turkey's brain development exceeds that of nearly all vice-presidents." - TOM KELLY

The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness. - TOM KELLY