always looking to buy

$$$$
strikeu
4 Point

always looking to buy

Post by strikeu »

stuff that anyone wants to get rid of in the way of old stereo equipment. Vintage 70s stuff. I collect that crap. Speakers, Receivers, Amps

sansui, pioneer, Mcintosh, Marantz, Luxman, technics ...I'm open to a lot of stuff. not into the black plastics of the 80s and later.

just throwing that out there.

Wiley
8 Point

Re: always looking to buy

Post by Wiley »

I have 2 Pioneer systems from about 1978 that I should get out of storage and power up. Especially the amp and turntable so I could spin some albums.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.

ETC Fan
Button

Post by ETC Fan »

PM sent

David Leonard
6 Point

Post by David Leonard »

Dang i just threw 2 away. They worked too. Sorry man.

strikeu
4 Point

Post by strikeu »

hey all, sorry for not getting back to any of y'all that messaged me. I was letting a lot of other crap take up my time. still alive PMs answered.

strikeu
4 Point

Post by strikeu »

Wiley wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:17 pm
I have 2 Pioneer systems from about 1978 that I should get out of storage and power up. Especially the amp and turntable so I could spin some albums.
what do you have? anything you want to sell?

Wiley
8 Point

Post by Wiley »

strikeu wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:29 am
Wiley wrote:
I don't remember the model numbers/output, etc but if I ever unpack it and see if it works I'll decide if I want to sell it. I really do miss hearing my albums though.

Do you refurb these old systems or just remove the valuable metals?
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.

strikeu
4 Point

Post by strikeu »

Wiley wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:00 pm
strikeu wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:29 am
Wiley wrote:
I don't remember the model numbers/output, etc but if I ever unpack it and see if it works I'll decide if I want to sell it. I really do miss hearing my albums though.

Do you refurb these old systems or just remove the valuable metals?
remove valuable metals??? Blasphemy!

I have a house full of vintage stuff, I play them, if they need repair I have them repaired. I can rework speakers some on my own but the technical stuff with amps and receivers I let the experts do it. There are a couple of shops in Alabama that have a good reputation. I have a turntable and a pioneer receiver at the shop in Millbrook right now.

Wiley
8 Point

Post by Wiley »

Super