Major League Fishing

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
Travis
Site Admin

Major League Fishing

Post by Travis »

I've been watching this event on The Outdoor Channel. I really like the setup. Every fish and every ounce counts. Several of the qualifying events have come down to the last minute. Any of you watched it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roll Tide

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Re: Major League Fishing

Post by Tru-Talker »

I watch it... just not on a regular basis... I like the format... Lot better on keeping fish alive .... Catch...Weigh...Release.... I do think the penalty for it hitting the boat is silly...
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

Tru-Talker wrote:I watch it... just not on a regular basis... I like the format... Lot better on keeping fish alive .... Catch...Weigh...Release.... I do think the penalty for it hitting the boat is silly...
Me too. I bet when a couple of them get some trebles in their fingers, someone will her that rule changed.

Roll Tide

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

I wish the Elite Series would go to this format....Just not tell the other boaters what everyone's weight is.... Post it at the end of each day.....And go from there....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

I like the fact that they give the anglers updates. It puts a shitload of pressure on them and builds a bunch of drama. I've seen two of the qualifying rounds come down to the last fish caught and the guy would win by a couple ounces. Makes them fish fast and hard. I also like that each day has three stages and they take breaks in between.

Roll Tide

BCLC
6 Point

Post by BCLC »

One of the very few fishing shows I can stand to watch...no infomercial sales pitch bullchit just hardcore bass fishing

Easy Like Sunday Morning
>>>------------------>>
Genesis 27:3

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

Seen it last night for the first time. I liked the show. Y'all ever think BASS will ever go to something like that?

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

daniel white wrote:Seen it last night for the first time. I liked the show. Y'all ever think BASS will ever go to something like that?
I doubt it. They enjoy the drama of the weigh-in. Plus there's lots of sponsors that need their banners hung in the auditoriums. There's really no crowds at these new events that I've seen. Plus, the location is unknown until the day of the event.

Roll Tide

Button

Post by .308 »

I sure enjoy watching it. My wife records the series each year & I watch it commercial free when I have time.