Two TARP's

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
rsimms
Button

Two TARP's

Post by rsimms »

I had several guide trips postpone in the past week due to the extreme cold. I hadn't been on huge numbers of crappie (on Chickamauga Lake), but I lost touch with the ones I had been on. Before this week's trips I needed to try and find a few on Friday. My good friend Ed McCoy was happy to tag along.

Longline trolling, we covered a lot of unproductive water. But we finally found an area holding several fish, and they were "bigguns!"

Ed had two monster crappie that qualified for the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Angler Recognition Program (TARP's). A white crappie that was 14 & 3/8 inches (weighed 1-10) and a magnum black crappie that was 15 & 1/4 inches (weighed 1-13).
enmreal.jpg
We caught 15 solid keepers while trolling (1/8th oz. Road Runner jig heads and Crappie Magnet jigs). We probably could have caught a few more if we had remained in "the sweet spot," but I stayed on the move just searching/scouting.

BTW, water temps were still hovering around 50 or 51... very cool for this time of year. As the water warms in coming days, I think Chickamauga Lake crappie fish is going to go wild! Hell Yeah

We quit trolling after a while and went to shoot some docks... it was Ed's first time ever shooting. He's a natural! We added a dozen good keepers to the box and caught a bunch of short fish.

I'm going to take a family chasing white bass (and whatever else we can catch) in the Chickamauga Dam tailwaters today. Tomorrow it'll be back after the crappie. That means life is good and gettin' better every day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Re: Two TARP's

Post by Tru-Talker »

Very nice!! Gonna have to plan a trip up your way some day..... 8-)
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

Congrats to Ed on the TARP's. I bet you will get on some crappie tomorrow.

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Good day sho nuff right there. Thumbs up
WAR EAGLE!!

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

Oh yes!! Nice!!