Guy says ya too much money on boats

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
RICKY BOBBY HERE
Button

Guy says ya too much money on boats

Post by RICKY BOBBY HERE »

An old friend who I known for years comes over to my place on the lake (Im not retired), and says man you must spend alot money on maintaining those two boats. I said how long have we known each other and still breathing. He says: a long time. I laughed so hard and said pass me another beer. I say for me and kids ( got 5) its a way of life and enjoying the outdoors, and I have hunted my whole life from back when we ran dogs in the 70's and love fishing more than hunting, unless there was not all these dude who think they know it all ( old school talk...maybe you can relate...then again...maybe you cant). I told him I do all or most of my maintenance, but the sea ark is my favorite for rivers and where I live. After a day of putting a pop knot on cats, I pull the plug and stray it out...done. We also duck out of it with my 2 labs and no worries about hurting the boat on stumps ( I did research damnit and wanted a tank on the water for hunting and fishing). I told him the pontoon was a different story ( I spent some coin the Sea Ark) but the Toon only cost $4k and thats what I was looking for. I took the boat with 4 stroke 60 Merc it had, and rebuilt the whole thing for another 6k (24ft.), and one lick of a problem out of both boats costing any money. So when somebody says...a boat is money pit I laugh because I dont fit that description. When I get off the road back home, me and my two boys will be catching some fish. Nothing like a two or four stroke humming at 5am when I pour my coffee and say boy...let's head to so and so slue or creek. Being on water fishing by myself or with kids has bought me more joy than many of deer in my lifetime....and I have hunted in TX, KS, and IN and put few on the wall. But back to just seeing a young man or boy learning and hungry for the that big catch...still gives me goose bump. No money pit here.....and living the dream Ricky Bobby style. Lets fishing boys !

Travis
Site Admin

Re: Guy says ya too much money on boats

Post by Travis »

Lemme tell ya something Ricky Bobby! I couldn't agree more. I must be the son of a son of a sailor because there's no place I'd rather be than on the water. I don't give a shit what the temp is. I'd much rather fish than hunt and I love hunting. And I don't mind the cost, gotta pay to play is the way I see it. Between a 20' bass boat and a 24' runabout, I don't have a minutes worth of trouble. Ain't nothing better than loading up the kids in the bass boat or the kids and wife in the runabout and hitting the water. It was the way I was raised and my best memories of my dad originate on Lake Martin. And I guarantee when I'm gone my kids will say the same about me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roll Tide

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Yessir....there has always been a boat of some kind in my life. Some of em nice and some of em not so nice but they all provided some great memories.
WAR EAGLE!!

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

Mine are always a pain in the ass. I've never had a nice one. But I ain't gonna do without one. Too much fun!

BCLC
6 Point

Post by BCLC »

I got a Sea Ray Sundancer 270 w/ twin Mercruiser 4.3's for anybody that thinks a boat won't run thru a pocketbook like a pissed off woman. On other side of the coin is my 15yr old pontoon boat that's never had a penny spent on it besides gas, 2 stroke oil, and a handful of spark plugs.

>>>----------------------------->>
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

RICKY BOBBY HERE
Button

Hey one thing that may help you and Im sure you probably do it....but if not, I pull the prop every couple of months and 9 out 10 times theres some fishing in there. Alot fishing around my dock and neighbors dock and fishing gets broke off. Its not hard to do and save you money and heart-ache. After my neighbor had problems with getting fishing line in his prop and broke the seal....he dont laugh at me no more. Just a tip. Im working my way home from Miami and stopped out in Lake City, FL tonight trying to get home. I was hit the water tomorrow....but now it's looking like a little night fishing or Saturday morning fishing with the boys. Have a good night

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

RB I may come to Lay Saturday. If so, I'll look you up. Which part of the lake are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roll Tide

RICKY BOBBY HERE
Button

Travis been having computer issues and not been on in a while. Im down by the stream plant