Fishing his honey hole

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
RICKY BOBBY HERE
Button

Fishing his honey hole

Post by RICKY BOBBY HERE »

So my 74 yr young friend who spent his whole life on Lay Lake said he wanted to take me to catch alot of fish. I said great, where we going and he said to his honey hole. He told me it is hard to get to and we need to take his 14 ft boat to get to it. I said great, when we going and he said at 6pm and fish till about 10pm. So he showed up at my place and we headed out on the water (i live on the water). I had a flashlight, and he had his latern. We approached what looked like nothing...then he said get out of the boat and help me push it over this shallow area...I was like damn Okay Mr. Smith. He got in the water and he is no youngster...then I plopped my fat ass in the water and we were literally in 1ft of water...he knew this area. We pushed the boat about 15ft to be exact and got back in the boat from the back where he welded a step. This young man of 74 took headed back a good ways and I said Mr. Smith...I hope you know where your going. Once we got there, he dropped an ancor in 12 ft of water. We fished for about 1hour and no bites. His lattern was perking, and put out some kind of light. I said Mr. Smith its getting late you think we should head back the fish aint bitting. He said naw, grap that thermose behind you and poor you and me some coffee. It didnt fell hot, and as i poured it...it smelled like liquor. I said Mr. Smith...what you got in the thermose? His wrinkled face and dark eyes were staring right at me, and said son this fishing trip is about memories in this creek that not many know about. As i sat there and sipping on his shine for about some odd minutes, I didnt care what we did. He told me about his life and how everyday for him is a new beginning and a gift he could get up out of bed. I laid my rod down and started thing about my youngest boy 11 yrs old and told him if I can only do one thing right it would be being a better father to my kids. He gave the lattern a couple more pushes and said son, you can only do your part and rest is up to the youngins. I looked at my watch and it was 11pm and I said well you think we should head on back. He said no, we need to just sit here and take it all in....look at the sky Buck and listen to our surroundings. After a while of talking about life, we started heading back. Again, he was the first off the boat to push it over the shallow spot and I followed. We got back in the boat, and I said we are damn near crazy. He assured me the next trip we will catch fish but I didnt care and he knows that. He just wanted conversion being a widow man for many years and never remarried and raised his kids. I cant wait to get another phone call on where he wants to go next. Stay tuned.

sdw
8 Point

Re: Fishing his honey hole

Post by sdw »

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good time whether fish are caught or not.

dnolen
6 Point

Post by dnolen »

That's a good one.
Roll tide!!!!!!

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Good stuff right there!
WAR EAGLE!!

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

Good stuff Ricky Bobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roll Tide

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

Thanks for posting!! Good read!
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius