Pontoon for crappie fishing

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
stackem
Button

Pontoon for crappie fishing

Post by stackem »

I just had a guy show me a 20ft pontoon that is for sale.....2012 model with 60 horse 4stroke Mercury. Claims motor only has about 70hrs on it. Overall it is in very good shape. I know they make good fishing platforms but what about if you were trying to shoot docks or do a lot of moving around. Not sure it would be very good for that....Loading and unloading I do not think is a big deal...What are you guys thoughts for a mainly crappie boat.....Price is right at $11,000.

Thanks for any thoughts,
David

daniel white
Boss

Re: Pontoon for crappie fishing

Post by daniel white »

I would rather buy a 19-20 boat instead of a pontoon. I’ve fished all kinds of ways out of my dads and you can get by with it. But if your gonna buy it just for fishing i would get a fishing boat. But if u want a multi purpose boat. You can make the toon work. With a good trolling motor for sure. It’s all according to what you want out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnolen
6 Point

Post by dnolen »

I would go with dw. Reg boat will not drift as much with the wind. One day I will set up a pontoon to fish in the winter and drag the kids around in the summer.
Roll tide!!!!!!

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

Thanks for the responses....you pretty much said what I was thinking in the back of my head but doing everything I can to justify the move.....Motor is really what I am hung up on. Very low hours and it looked like brand new condition. He offered to have it hooked up to verify that it had what he felt was less that 75hrs....I just think it would be to big and bulky to try and ease around and fish docks....if there was much of wind I bet you could forget it.....