Jugging or Noodles on Wedowee

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
stackem
Button

Jugging or Noodles on Wedowee

Post by stackem »

Never tried this type of fishing and was thinking about making up some noodles. Any special regulations that need to be followed and what kind of design are ya'll using on the noodles....Thanks for the help

David

daniel white
Boss

Re: Jugging or Noodles on Wedowee

Post by daniel white »

No kind of regulation that i know of. Use any kind of bottle 32 oz or larger. I personally use foam noodles about 12-18 inches long with pvc pipe through them. You can google how to make and its quite simple once you see how it’s done. Just make sure you use a swivel below your weight. Can buy 30-50 lb test mono or use contractor twine. Either or. Put in at lakeside go up river, go under old 431 bridge and start throwing them out up he river. Maybe 50 yards apart. Use bream, cut bait, minnows, nightcrawlers. Any of that will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

Thanks man...I knew you would have some good info. About how deep do you set the bait.

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

2-8 feet. Just all different depths on each one.

dnolen
6 Point

Post by dnolen »

If at night pick up some glow sticks. We have a guy that does that. Claims he no longer looses any noodles.
Roll tide!!!!!!

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

dnolen wrote:If at night pick up some glow sticks. We have a guy that does that. Claims he no longer looses any noodles.
We use reflective tape like you use on trailers. Just take scissors and cut it in 1/2 inch wide strips, take a dab of super glue to help stick.

dnolen
6 Point

Post by dnolen »

Yep. The old man used to do that. He said batteries got to high so this way he didn't have to turn on a light to find them. Lol some of the places he goes in. No way in hell I wouldn't have it lit up. Lol
Roll tide!!!!!!

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

What do you guys do as far as the time you do this. My thought was to put the boat in late in the afternoon and set the noodles go home and come back early b/4 the leisure crew hit the water and collect them and be off the water early...How do yall pro's do it.......

DT

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

Yea. Sometimes I drop em in at dark and pick em up at daylight. And sometimes put them out in the morning and get em at lunch. And sometimes at lunch and pick em up late in the evening

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

Ok so the best time is when you fell like going...I get it....One last newbie question....where do you get the cut bait if not from previous fishing trips. We both live out of town and its usually a weekend meet up for the time being...Is there a store bought bait that's close to the cut stuff...;

David

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

stackem wrote:Ok so the best time is when you fell like going...I get it....One last newbie question....where do you get the cut bait if not from previous fishing trips. We both live out of town and its usually a weekend meet up for the time being...Is there a store bought bait that's close to the cut stuff...;

David
No stores sale it. Maybe but some dead shad at Walmart. But you can buy night crawlers and Minnows at the bait store. They work good also

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

Well Im going to spend about 5 days at the lake this 4th....gonna deploy the noodles and see how bad i can screw this up....I think we are going to put them out at dark and go back early in the morning and try and round them all up b/4 the pleasure boaters get on the water....Thanks for all the advise and hope yall catch em up this holiday...

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

stackem wrote:Well Im going to spend about 5 days at the lake this 4th....gonna deploy the noodles and see how bad i can screw this up....I think we are going to put them out at dark and go back early in the morning and try and round them all up b/4 the pleasure boaters get on the water....Thanks for all the advise and hope yall catch em up this holiday...
Should work good. I’d put them out in the back of fox creek. Where the creek comes into the lake. Up in that pocket. It goes from shallower flat 6-10’ to deeper water.

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

Thats the plan...thanks for all the advise...

DT

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

First soak produced about 8 nice channels and flat head mix. We have had as many that were tripped but did not stay hooked hooked up. Have them baited and will check later this afternoon b4 letting them soak overnight. This is some fun fishing for sure. Thanks for the advise and help guys. I will try to post pics when I get home this weekend.