Crappie

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
Hayman
6 Point

Crappie

Post by Hayman »

What are the crappie doing right now? I had them figured out for a while but I have not fished in 12 days and Conditions have changed drastically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daniel white
Boss

Re: Crappie

Post by daniel white »

What’s your water temp? We around 55-58 on Wedowee. They staging in 5-10 feet water at the mouth of creeks and on rock walls in river channel. We long line trolling right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayman
6 Point

Post by Hayman »

Last report I heard was 60 * Saturday. The water is fluctuating so much that I cannot find them for long. Seems like for a couple hours the water is drawing and then it is backing up. And water is super muddy also.

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

I like dirty water for crappie, but not bad muddy. If I found some 60 temps on Wedowee, I woukd look for structure in 3-6’ of water and cast. They should be moving up on a sunshine day. If it’s 60 in the channel it’ll be 64 in some pockets I bet.

Hayman
6 Point

Post by Hayman »

I just couldn’t make myself go today to see[emoji23]. There were snow flurries this morning. I am planning on going Thursday and try to find some but the water is so messed up I know that I cannot catch them on my go to color but I did go buy some muddy water grubs today in preparation. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk