Pinfish in traps

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
shirleyallen
Button

Pinfish in traps

Post by shirleyallen »

Hey y’all I want to use a pinfish trap to have live bait everytime I go out, I go out at least once a week but sometimes is 7-10 days between trips…. Will my bait starve to death or otherwise expire if left stuck in a trap for a week? Thanks y’all

daniel white
Boss

Re: Pinfish in traps

Post by daniel white »

Are you catching actual pin fish as in saltwater pin fish? Or you catching bream and stuff in the freshwater creeks? I may would look into a 55 gallon plastic drum cut in half and a aerator and just make a big bait tank. Leave it in a shady spot under your shed or something and add some fresh water along. Or you can get a old washing machine tub or a big ole basket and put them in the creek and leave your fish in there. They’ll stay alive for a week or two just throw em a few soda crackers along.

Outback
8 Point

Re: Pinfish in traps

Post by Outback »

You can Google "how to keep live bait" and there's literally dozens of videos. Most importantly is fresh water and aerating. Obviously a food source but you use Crackers or store bought fish food
Kamala Cameltoe....unburdened by what has been. Mmmkaay?
Traitor Joe Biden....this the untiedskatescomerca! You know, the thing. Let me choose the words, come on man. It's Trump's fault.