polar plunge

Set your drag tight, and tell us some fishing stories
stackem
Button

polar plunge

Post by stackem »

Went to try the crappie Sat morning and it went great. Pulled up and picked up my buddy and all the conditions were perfect.got in the boat and took my seat my buddy started to push us off and I turn to put the trolling motor down and all I remember is being upside down in 10ft of water, Had a Mustang life vest on but it did not deploy. Got out of the water and everything ended ok but Damn it was cold. 43 degrees. actually warmer in the water. Needless to say no crappie. Nut came off the seat and it flipped back on me when I reached for the trolling motor. Kinda scared me with all the cloths I had on I did not know if I could swim.

daniel white
Boss

Re: polar plunge

Post by daniel white »

Things like that can happen fast and go south in a hurry winter fishing. I fell in 15 years ago in January, I was by myself and luckily I was young enough and good enough shape to pull my self back in the boat. I couldn’t do it now, I done got to fat. But I don’t fish solo in the winter either. Always have someone else with me. Glad it wasn’t any worse for you. Did you fish any or just call it right then?

stackem
Button

Post by stackem »

Naw called it right there. 40 degrees and soaking wet I cant handle, problem for me was my vest was brand new and didnt deploy. Guys check for the co2 charge mine was dead, All it did was add more weight to me

daniel white
Boss

Post by daniel white »

stackem wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:45 pm
Naw called it right there. 40 degrees and soaking wet I cant handle, problem for me was my vest was brand new and didnt deploy. Guys check for the co2 charge mine was dead, All it did was add more weight to me
Hate it didn’t deploy, but glad you got it figured out what it didn’t.

Wiley
8 Point

Post by Wiley »

DANG! Glad that both of y'all are still with us!
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.