Chip Lindsey

AU,UA and TENNESSEE talk here
bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Chip Lindsey

Post by bobwhite »

Auburns new OC...not a great hire but definitely an upgrade from Lashley in my opinion.
WAR EAGLE!!

Travis
Site Admin

Re: Chip Lindsey

Post by Travis »

Didn't lashley take over the play calling duties from Malz and Auburn began winning some games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roll Tide

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Travis wrote:Didn't lashley take over the play calling duties from Malz and Auburn began winning some games?

Yeah....that's true but Lashleys offense was one demintional.....he never developed the passing game. That's where Auburn struggled to keep drives going.....the other teams knew that all they had to do was stop the run there was no threat of a pass.
WAR EAGLE!!

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

I agree Auburn was somewhat one dimensional, but I think it was because the O-line was terrible. White didn't have time to pass downfield. The receivers couldn't stay on blocks and screens didn't work. Let's just say he's got a good bit of work to do.

Roll Tide

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

I agree with both of you. I also think Auburn doesn't really care about a big name offensive coordinator until they decide what they're going to do with Gus. I'm just not convinced they're committed to keeping him around.

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

I think Gus is in trouble even with 8 wins this coming season....and if he doesn't get a win against Georgia or Alabama I think he is gone.
WAR EAGLE!!

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

I think the LSU game saved his ass this past season. Problem is, who is Auburn gonna get? Where's the big name coach that would leave the school he's at now to go to auburn and compete in recruiting against Saban?

Roll Tide

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

You've hit the nail on the head Travis....there ain't a head coach worth a dang that would leave a secure job to come to the insecurity at Auburn right now.
WAR EAGLE!!

sdw
8 Point

Chip Lindsey

Post by sdw »

bobwhite wrote:I think Gus is in trouble even with 8 wins this coming season....and if he doesn't get a win against Georgia or Alabama I think he is gone.
I think it'll only take 2 losses which will likely happen. I think if Georgia was the only loss he would stay if he beats Alabama. I also think if our only loss was Alabama he would stay. But I think a loss to any SEC team plus a loss to either Georgia or Alabama and he's probably gone. Well just have to see.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

He ain't going nowhere.... A move was needed... But until Auburn comes up with an identity for the offense....It ain't gonna matter... Running QB?? Drop back passer QB?? Read option QB?? There is no identity... Incoming QBs wanna know how they're gonna be used.... And until that happens.... It's only gonna be a mediocre offense....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

Travis
Site Admin

Post by Travis »

If auburn doesn't have an elite qb, they will always be mediocre under malzahn's scheme. Cam was strong enough, smart enough and fast enough to make up for the lack of talent Auburn always seems to have on offense. But he's one in a million and malzahn has built his career off him.

Roll Tide

sdw
8 Point

Post by sdw »

Travis wrote:If auburn doesn't have an elite qb, they will always be mediocre under malzahn's scheme. Cam was strong enough, smart enough and fast enough to make up for the lack of talent Auburn always seems to have on offense. But he's one in a million and malzahn has built his career off him.

^this!

Unfortunately