Trainwreck?

AU,UA and TENNESSEE talk here
Wiley
8 Point

Trainwreck?

Post by Wiley »

WTF is going on down on the plains?
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Re: Trainwreck?

Post by Tru-Talker »

Lol...The more I read...the more it appears to be a setup to try and get him out...If he has actually done what he's being accused of he would already be gone based on it happening on the university and/or in university vehicles etc..... That's a zero tolerance issue.... So somebody wants him gone and I can only assume its Jimmy Ranes....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

Tru-Talker wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:26 pm
Lol...The more I read...the more it appears to be a setup to try and get him out...If he has actually done what he's being accused of he would already be gone based on it happening on the university and/or in university vehicles etc..... That's a zero tolerance issue.... So somebody wants him gone and I can only assume its Jimmy Ranes....
I think Tru-Talker has hit the nail on the head.......I think yeller feller has wanted to get Kevin Steele hired as head coach for a while now. Heard rumors of a lot of bad stuff that went on behind Gus's back while Steele was there.
WAR EAGLE!!

Walktheline
6 Point

Post by Walktheline »

Auburn football is never going to be stable or competitive year in and year out because of the structure. Coaches wouldn't take the job after Gus because of this. The board of trustees and boosters have an open line of communication to the coaching staff. That shit does not go on in Tuscaloosa.

Kevin Steele was undermining malzahn his entire tenure. I think that is one reason malzahn was broken.

You can’t have BOT members and donors expecting daily updates from the coaching staff.

Auburn cannot recruit against Georgia and Bama either because of this. How do you sell winning every 7 to 12 years. Hell , other than tubbervilles record against Bama, Alabama was still able to field competitive teams.

It sucks but it’s the way auburn is structured. Harsin was in over his head trying to recruit in the south. For auburn to compete they need a recruiter, not a good coach. Talent is all that matters. Alabama wouldn’t win championships with a field full of 2 and 3 stars. Auburn isn’t going to be stable until they find a way to get double digit 4 and 5 stars for 2 cycles.

Walktheline
6 Point

Post by Walktheline »

Word on the street is Auburn is about to hire Hugh Freeze. Harsin expected to be fired Thursday and Freeze announced Friday.

Tru-Talker
Beer Dranker....

Post by Tru-Talker »

Walktheline wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:48 pm
Word on the street is Auburn is about to hire Hugh Freeze. Harsin expected to be fired Thursday and Freeze announced Friday.
What street you getting that from.....cuz I aint heard that nowhere....Freeze is who I hoped they would have gotten...he can coach...dont care about the baggage.....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius

bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Post by bobwhite »

If Harsin is gone I hope they give Freeze a shot.
WAR EAGLE!!

Walktheline
6 Point

Post by Walktheline »

Tru-Talker wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:24 pm
Walktheline wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:48 pm
What street you getting that from.....cuz I aint heard that nowhere....Freeze is who I hoped they would have gotten...he can coach...dont care about the baggage.....
Hearing this from people that work at the university. It seems to have legs. Supposedly the other candidate is Deion sanders. I have concerns about Freeze due to the prostitution scandal at ole miss. I wonder how high school coaches will welcome him after that.