• Advertisement
BannerFans.com

Hats in church

Anything you want to talk about.

Hats in church

Postby Shootnmiss » Tue May 14, 2019 9:36 pm

So my son had a class function at his private school this evening there at the church (Christian School). Well it was held in sanctuary. I was amazed at the men with hats on. That's just something that pisses me off. The Lords house should be respected more than that. Show some respect and take your hat off inside a church. My deddy would slap the taste outta mouth to this day for that.
:D Sometimes when I'm home alone I beat it like it owes me money :D
Shootnmiss
4 Point

Re: Hats in church

Postby daniel white » Tue May 14, 2019 9:37 pm

I can remember gettin my ear twisted off in church. For hats, and well about everything else also. I got in more trouble at church than home. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daniel white
Boss

Postby Shootnmiss » Tue May 14, 2019 9:45 pm

daniel white wrote:I can remember gettin my ear twisted off in church. For hats, and well about everything else also. I got in more trouble at church than home. Lmao

Got a lil respect nowadays on count of it to though Thumbs up
Shootnmiss
4 Point

Postby BackPorch » Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Come on shootnmiss, what's the problem with hats in church..women wore them in church back then.
BackPorch
4 Point

Postby daniel white » Tue May 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Shootnmiss wrote:
daniel white wrote:I can remember gettin my ear twisted off in church. For hats, and well about everything else also. I got in more trouble at church than home. Lmao

Got a lil respect nowadays on count of it to though Thumbs up

Dang right i do, and so does my kids. I got that look and snapping my finger down pat. lol

daniel white
Boss

Postby Shootnmiss » Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 pm

BackPorch wrote:Come on shootnmiss, what's the problem with hats in church..women wore them in church back then.

To each their own, but if i see my boy wear one in church, I'll backhand him in his mouth. I'm totally against it.
Shootnmiss
4 Point

Postby BackPorch » Tue May 14, 2019 10:27 pm

It's about respect and I agree that you should have that as you respected your father. What I'm asking is...why is it disrespectful biblically for a man to wear a hat in church? I think it would not be a problem... the leaders of the church in the days of Christ wore head coverings and it even expressed their rank.
BackPorch
4 Point

Postby BackPorch » Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 pm

I'm a stickler when it comes to questioning traditions. If I by force uphold a church tradition especially with kids I need to be able to biblically explain the reason why and it would not be because I told you so. I'm not coming against anyone in their belief....just questioning why? I would uphold come as you are and not care at all about what they wore.
BackPorch
4 Point

Postby Eddie Maxwell » Wed May 15, 2019 6:24 am

BackPorch wrote:I'm a stickler when it comes to questioning traditions. If I by force uphold a church tradition especially with kids I need to be able to biblically explain the reason why and it would not be because I told you so. I'm not coming against anyone in their belief....just questioning why? I would uphold come as you are and not care at all about what they wore.

Holy Bible
1 Corinthians 11 New International Version (NIV)

2 I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you. 3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.
Eddie Maxwell
Button

Postby Shootnmiss » Wed May 15, 2019 6:27 am

Honestly I can't answer that. It's like taking your hat off entering say courthouse, someone else's house, a school, etc. I was just always taught to remove your hat.
Shootnmiss
4 Point

Postby Shootnmiss » Wed May 15, 2019 6:47 am

I ain't smart enough on the bible but Eddie got it. I just feel it goes hand in hand with today's society. Parents have slacked off a little here n there. However small it may be, in the end, it adds up and here is the overall shape we are in. Men dont even hold doors open for women anymore. I know we were talking bout hats but it goes together. Just all bout respect. Society ain't got it no more.
Shootnmiss
4 Point

Postby Tru-Talker » Wed May 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Women wear hats to and during church.... Just saying....
Equal rights and all huh.....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius
Tru-Talker
New Sheriff In Town...Bitches

Postby Shootnmiss » Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm

I guess they do, but I've never saw a woman wear a hat in church.
Shootnmiss
4 Point

Postby bobwhite » Wed May 15, 2019 5:54 pm

I wear a hat to church every time I go but I take it off before I walk through the doors.
WAR EAGLE!!
bobwhite
Just another Goober
Just another Goober

Postby BackPorch » Thu May 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Eddie Maxwell wrote:
BackPorch wrote:I'm a stickler when it comes to questioning traditions. If I by force uphold a church tradition especially with kids I need to be able to biblically explain the reason why and it would not be because I told you so. I'm not coming against anyone in their belief....just questioning why? I would uphold come as you are and not care at all about what they wore.

Holy Bible
1 Corinthians 11 New International Version (NIV)

2 I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditi...ons just as I passed them on to you. 3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.

You sure this is a reference to hats or maybe hair or it could be the order of things... in that God is above man and man must fully exposed himself to God and woman is covered under man according to God's order of union. The shame of the shaved womans head or the dishonor of man not being truthful (uncovered) to God. I read it as God's order of worship not what item one wears to church.
BackPorch
4 Point

Postby BackPorch » Thu May 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Tru-Talker wrote:Women wear hats to and during church.... Just saying....
Equal rights and all huh.....

We are all equal in God's eyes but it has to be according to His order which should be perfectly natural. Paul further explaining to the church...

"""Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. (Eph. 5:22-23 NIV)""""
BackPorch
4 Point

Postby BackPorch » Mon May 20, 2019 9:10 pm

Take your hat of if you want to praise God in this church is nothing more than legalism...Christ died to remove the law so that we could be freed from it...
BackPorch
4 Point

Return to General Forum