Your right to hunt v rules

Anything you want to talk about.
Eddie Maxwell
Spike

Your right to hunt v rules

Post by Eddie Maxwell »

Example of how and why rules are made and amended:
Capture.JPG
220-2-.02 Legal Arms, Ammunition, and Equipment for Hunting - Comments Due by July 6, 2020

https://www.outdooralabama.com/sites/de ... unting.pdf

... and

220-2-.55 Wildlife Management Areas, Community Hunting Areas, Public Hunting Areas, and Refuges of Alabama – Comments Due by August 4, 2020

https://www.outdooralabama.com/sites/de ... labama.pdf
Capture 2.JPG
Benjamin.JPG
Capture 4.JPG

Eddie Maxwell
Spike

Re: Your right to hunt v rules

Post by Eddie Maxwell »

A few years back, I had run into some situations that caused me to terminate sharing a hunting lease after close to 20 yrs. of sharing it. I began looking for other places to hunt, and determined that Mulberry Fork Wildlife Management Area would likely be my best choice.

I began to study the rules there to make sure I would be in compliance. I found that the gun control there was highly unreasonable. Modern firearms deer hunts were limited to just 13 days of a 120 day deer season. So, I began to ask questions.

In an internet conversation I had with a DCNR official involved in making the rules, I pointed out that I had purchased a spear for added personal protection while on the wma since most of the time center-fire firearms were prohibited and there were some healthy looking feral hogs I had seen there. Spears were allowed during either sex deer hunts, and had been for around 2 decades. I figured if I only had a rim fire firearm, the spear might help keep me from being killed or seriously injured. I chose not to hunt with bows or crossbows for personal reasons.

My questions must not have sat well with the officials I questioned about the gun control restrictions and a wma lying within Forever Wild Lands. Spears were banned for hunting deer statewide with no explanation for the reasons after all those years of being allowed.

Hmmmm! Necessary for public safety as certified in the amendment process? I don't think so.

daniel white
Boss

Re: Your right to hunt v rules

Post by daniel white »

Hell come out on top no matter what he falls in. Or so it seems anyway.